I am engaged in a wildly diverse set of initiatives. Just how I like it. These include but are not limited to:
- Transforming business operations and customer relationships Latin America, Canada, the US and Europe
- Designing "Water Week" with Liberating Structures for the World Bank's Global Water Practice.
- Assisting the United Nations effort to enhance knowledge management as they foster "decent work" all over the world (video below)
- Melding design thinking and Liberating Structures to shape the future of healthcare with the Innovation Learning Network (with large health systems in the US & UK)
- Co-designing national and regional initiatives to transform the future of nursing (video below)
- Working to create a recovery-focused transformation in the Texas mental health system
- Guiding a variety of academic reform efforts in higher education
- Helping the Restorative Justice movement grow in Colorado and beyond (video below)
- Assisting the Miami-Dade Child Welfare community develop better coordination plus a more positive and engaging culture
- Supporting the growth of health information exchange across the US
- Launching more innovation across multiple departments in the Yukon government
- Preventing the spread of “superbugs” and other safety challenges in the US and Canada
- Liberating "uplifting service" at the Seattle Center
Each group of people put Liberating Structures into action in a unique way. Take a look at the Field Stories. I am directly or indirectly involved in these efforts.
An immersion workshop series in Seattle has sparked a variety of new projects and initiatives. More details soon.
LS are effective in all four levels. Below, check out a big project (a summit for 250 people) that helped advance the Restorative Justice movement. With a one day workhsop and phone ocaching, Liberating Structures were used by community leaders to design and facilitate this 3-day confab in Colorado. Self-organization in action!
LS were used recently to to design a summit for the Transformation of Nursing. Keith as the lead consultant and designer with leaders from across the US.
For the United Nations ITC-ILO, Henri and Keith offered a Liberating Structures immersion workshop and follow-up consulting sessions. (The Centre is in Turin Italy.) The focus was how to organize for promoting decent work and sustainable development around the world.
Scenes from the 2012-2013 Seattle workshop series. Over 300 people joined in from 5 continents.
Working with 4-H youth to design and lead healthy community forums. The project was name Teens Take On Health.
I am happy to talk with you by phone or Skype.
On short notice, I can be available for a 30-minute call. I have experience helping people get started and spread Liberating Structures in many settings and circumstances.
Contact mevia e-mail:
We can talk about any of the following possibilities to support your use of LS: